Cheat Engine is a piece of software that allows you to manipulate and mess with any process’s memory running on your PC, especially games, in order to develop cheat tables with hacks for games.
CE is not just a cheating tool but also a powerful debugger and reverse engineering tool that can help you understand how games work and modify them according to your preferences. In this article, we will explain what it is, how it works, and what you can do with it.
What is Cheat Engine?
Cheat Engine is a free and open-source tool that works by scanning the memory of a running game or application and finding the values that correspond to certain variables, such as health, ammo, money, score, etc. You can then change these values to alter the game’s behavior, such as giving yourself infinite health, unlimited ammo, or more money. You can also use it to create your own free cheats, trainers, or mods that can modify the game’s code or data.
What can you do with Cheat Engine?
Cheat Engine is a versatile tool that can be used for various purposes, such as:
- Debugging and testing games or applications and fixing bugs
- Modding games or applications by changing their graphics, sounds, mechanics, or content.
- Creating hacks, trainers and cheat tables with new features, options, or enhancements to games or apps
- Learning reverse engineering by experimenting with stuff
- Or simply using a pre-made cheat table provided by us via the steps mentioned below.
How to Use Cheat Tables with Cheat Engine?
- Once you have downloaded and installed the latest version of CE by clicking the download button you can find below, you can simply run it or open the downloaded cheat table using Cheat Engine
- Make sure the program or game you want to modify is running
- Once it is running, attach Cheat Engine to its process by clicking the monitor icon on the top left corner of the Cheat Engine window
- Now you can use the features listed in the bottom part of the window by either editing values (right click and edit value) or simply clicking on the checkbox next to the features
- Enjoy and have fun!