External RID Joiner for GTA 5
Here you can see External RID Joiner two input boxes, one is for a name and the other is for the RID.
The name input box is where you can enter any name you want. Imagine you like to join someone frequently, let’s call him Alex.
You would enter “Alex” in the input box, then enter his RID in the RID input box.
Once you check “RID Not Set”, that name and RID will be saved into a file called “players.json” in the executable’s root folder.
Once you click “RID Not Set”, it’ll turn green and say “RID Set”. This means you can then go to ONLINE > Crews > Suggested Crews > (select any crew) > View Members > (in the crew members list, select anyone online) > Join Game. It’ll then join the RID you entered. (you can also join someone from your friends’ list, it’ll join the entered RID)
From now on when you want to join Alex, just input his name into the name box and his RID will be automatically entered into the RID box for convenience. If you want to join someone without saving them to the players.json file, just don’t change the name input box. Simply enter a RID and click “RID Not Set”.
If you want to unset the RID, so that you can actually join your friends or whatever, make sure to click “RID Set” so it changes back to “RID Not Set”. If you close the program without “unsetting” the RID, that RID will stay set and you won’t be able to join someone else unless you either input another RID or restart your game.
Unfortunately, you still have to manually acquire an External RID Joiner as described here
- Go to rockstargames
- Click the search bar icon in the top right
- Enter the name of the player whose RID you want
- When you see their profile, hit F12 then click their profile
- Go to the “Network” tab in the devtools you opened with F12
- You should see ://scapi.rockstargames.com/profile/getprofile?nickname=USERNAME_HERE&maxFriends=3, click it ScreenShots
- A pane should open up that shows the headers. You should see a tab that says “Response”, click it ScreenShot
- You should then see a JSON response which is where their RID is
- Copy their RID, start GTA, start Guylet’s External RID Joiner, and paste the RID
- Now you can either join a friend, or you can go to ONLINE > Crews > Suggested Crews > (select any crew) > View Members > (in the crew members list, select anyone online) > Join Game. It’ll then join the RID you entered.
The name input box is just for a custom name to associate with a RID. Simply enter a username without knowing their RID won’t just magically fetch their RID.
If you immediately get “Failed to connect to the session” that either means the RID is incorrect or the player is offline/not in a session.